Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nervously awaiting Vibram Fivefingers i ordered from China or somewhere else weird. They are all sold out in Baton Rouge. Memphis is even sold out of them. Their website is out of stock of most of them. Obviously this little company was not ready for the onslaught of ridiculous collective consciousness... I had an amazing five mile run 11 days ago. I hurt my foot some trying to dick around with foot strike. Like I am more than a fucking weekend warrior 10 minute miler. But whatever. I honestly felt I was approaching something new to running: enjoyment. And I don't really wanna let that go just yet.
When these ridiculous looking shoes come in, I hope they, if nothing else, add a little excitement to my runs. That is my aim anyway. I want to mix up normal runs with these silly little rubber shoe runs.
I am keeping open minded in the sense that I don't expect to suddenly be prefontaine out there.
Reading the literature really does make sense in that when yo land hard on your heel, it should be awkward on your knees and legs. And that when you run barefoot, your foot just does what its supposed to. I took a bike ride last week and parked it and ran around in my toms some, and it felt kinda cool. You are forced to stay slow, but there is a sense of connection or some bullshit, like being a little kid and running around.

mid life crisis

No comments:

Post a Comment