Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Three Twenty Twenty

In two parts:
1. Arriving late in the evening with slow rain making the roads nice and sloppy. A sneak to the gas station for a 24 oz can of beer, keeping it in the little paper bag sleeve even though I am no longer in a park and I am no longer 18.  Even though I am no longer 23 and practicing in a band, even though I am no longer 32 and mowing my lawn.


2. Coming home the next day and drinking two fingers of whiskey, smoking one drag of a cigarette only to stub it out and throw it away.  Then starting into the empty void and seeing the moon exactly how people saw it 400 years ago.  Or maybe not
2b. And what of it if I did?  Does it matter?  Heck yes I threw a cup of water directly in your face and right as rain I did a dance on your grave!

No comments:

Post a Comment