Sunday, March 28, 2010

I have been having a difficult time winning a chess game against my friend brad lately. Used to be, he would mention that he has played some, break out his simpson chess set, and I would have little problems in defeating him. But time appears to have changed. I played my best chess 4-5 years ago when I would often play after work with a guy I worked with. He was so much better than me that a close game was all I was after usually. We played with a clock, and sometimes I was able to beat him on time, but usually we would finish those games as well and we was just a few moves from getting me. I do remember maybe three times actually beating him. Such a profound joy to experience, after working so hard for it. That is probably what you are supposed to do in life: work towards something. I freely admit to copping out on that in many instances of my life. The joys are never as sweet.
Maybe I need a running goal? It would be nice if I could view running like chess. I was going to try to run a half marathon in april with my brother and his family. Really looking forward to that I had the rug pulled out from under me when i realized I could take zero vacation days for a year: welcome to real life.
Which reminds me: real life sucks.
I miss sitting around chris's dingy little apartment doing nothing. Complaining about fake issues and generally just enjoying the slothlyness of existence. Those were fun.
Miss chris.
THis blog sucks. I think thats why I haven't posted in a bit. Have not felt creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment