Saturday, October 6, 2012

not the past

Two my right: five large glass windows facing north. I was called into work today after half my my Saturday shift came up with a case of the heaving what nots. I stalled and grabbed myself a smoothie and some lunch. I see the lawn stretching 100 yards to the north of that front facing walls: my library. In front of me is the kids section. Down the west facing cooridor is the adult fiction section. I had a quick beautiful run this morning before I knew any of this. What a lesson this is. My run, clipped through beautiful Southern Louisana weather was, as often times is, cut into with thoughts of my day and my future; interspersed with my path. Almost none of my run was focused on the present, except when I had to consciously fight to make it so. And now here I am at work. Instead of seeing the old oak trees rising out of the lawns of the upper class, or feeling the cool wind brushing against my skin, I thought of the clothes I would fold and what I would make for dinner. I had forgotten "White Noise," the Delillo book I am about half way through. A very good read. I think I am bring one of his older books as well as possibly a volman and a bissell(if it comes in time) book with my to Belize. I can only hope that my time there is fully immersed in the present. not the future

No comments:

Post a Comment