Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/7/12: 4.5 miles
11/10/12: intervals/ 2.5 miles
11/11/12:
I drove the two miles to my old haunt the university lakes for not even a 2 mile run. I just needed to get outside. It was warm but breezy. The cormorants that make their yearly trek to Baton Rouge were there sunning on the old trees that grow out of the lake. Several years ago I spotted a Spoon Bill Roseate there. It was high up in a tree surrounded by the nesting sea birds. A woman walking her dog also noticed the bird. "It is good luck to see them," she said, noticing me looking at it.
The run let me relive the first couple of years that I lived here in Baton Rouge. The beginning of running, biking around on off days; seemed every day was an off day. I would often stop what I was doing and think about enjoying that moment. Things I still try and concentrate on. Those thoughts are 5 years old. Time just keeps rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment