Sunday, November 4, 2012

First of all let me say that I certainly had something else in mind when I said "long run," or "big run" or however I quoted it yesterday. I had planned on a 5 or 6 mile run today. However, on waking, other things came about. For one, L and I had to put the house together for a visit from family. I say L and I, but the bulk of this, obviously was my beautiful wife.
Second, I was just feeling hungry and hallow this morning. I did not foresee myself going more than 3 or 4 miles. So, what happened was I put out a very respectable 3.5. Stretches of it were so gloriously empty minded that I had to stop and remember where I actually ran while recording my run. This is supposed to reap benefits in some dharma club the likes I which I am not fully in understanding of just yet.
We will be eating later today copious amounts of food with in laws. Now I am so hungry I can only imagine what glutinous hours await me!
final note: I am reading Faulkner's first novel "Soldier's Pay." I am seeing a lot of early Cormac McCarthy in this book. The last Faulkner I read was the big one about the Compson Family (side note: I was in a band with a song called Compson Eulogy that I was relatively clueless as to its note of origin). Anyway, at that point Faulkner was so fine tuned in his art that it is really impossible to see likenesses among other writers. But the range of prose in this early work...you can see young Cormac plucking it up and being greatly influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment