Thursday, September 13, 2012

2.5

Only is the sake of staying consistent to I update to recall my 2.5 mile run today. Neither fast nor necessarily important from a thought perspective, this run came on a whim. I had decided to run the following day (Friday), but after checking the weather I said to hell with it. I put no pressure on this run and came home when I was ready. In a sense it was an extra run. I will still run tomorrow. Thoughts had during run in no particular order: 1. David Foster Wallace 2. My career as a librarian 3. Living in Baton Rouge 4. If I lived in Memphis 5. My wife, Lauren 6. DFW's writing style 7. The different between myself or any ordinary person, and a person of genius 8. My breathing 9. The different feeling between being in the shade and being in the sun (ideally, to run during the day, a person wakes early and gets out before the sun is striking down. Though it is certainly cooler right now than it has been all summer, I think it would be a mistake to go out in the middle of the day. I ran around 9:30. The temperature was around 80, and in the sun you could feel the rays begging you to give up on everything and lie still in cool grass. In the shade, you could feel whispers of cooler climates. The breeze was nice.) 10. There goes another runner! 11. There goes a biker! 12. 2 runners... 13. Another biker. One last note: I can honestly say that I am probably not that much a better runner than I was 5 years ago. But I do believe that if you stay at running, or biking, or anything with in sense of regularity, it takes on something new and becomes a part of you... That last part is bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment