Monday, September 10, 2012

Thoughts on running

I am going to start collecting thoughts on my running and thoughts had while running here. I am in the middle of a thought clearing mindset and I can find no better place to have those moments than while running. Yesterday I ran a quick two miles. My mileage has been increasing in the last month or so and my running has been feeling quicker and better. This is an up and down thing and could really mean nothing. After 5 years of running I have never really gotten THAT much faster and that much further. Lately,however, I find that I can go somewhat faster and have slowly been increasing my mileage. Regardless, I find that running is the one place where I can be somewhat meditative. I have an extremely difficult time keeping my thoughts still and in order. Over the weekend I started reading this blog (having a hard time posting link. it is zenhabits.net) Though I can easily call bullshit on a lot of the stuff written here, I can also take a moment and realize I call bullshit on everything and anything. I have a negative attitude on everything. This is not healthy. So, I am going to run. I am going to focus on breathing through out my days and I am really going to focus on making running a priority not just for my health but for my mind. So, yesterday's run. I know I was filled with anxiety most of yesterday. There are several dependencies I am trying to break and I believe that that is the cause for the late sleeplessness and anxiety felt yesterday. So throughout my run I focused on my breathing and that is all. I tried to visualize my self running through a path and that my thoughts were laid out on that path and I was running through them. Bad thoughts, good thoughts. I attempted to let them come and go through my head as the came...and then went. This sounds hokey but I am really trying here. So, look for more zen type bullshit to come. Really gonna try to keep this current.

No comments:

Post a Comment